Wednesday, 4 March 2015

One quarter of newly installed Android apps are uninstalled within 10 minutes

"The make-or-break phase for a newly installed app on an Android device is the first 10 minutes, according to Kantar mobile behavioral data. One-quarter of Android users who installed new apps proceeded to uninstall them within that brief stretch of time. Once the 10-minute mark passes, the inclination to uninstall becomes much more diffuse, happening over days.
Of Kantar's total sample of 12,971 Android users whose mobile behavior was tracked (anonymously and with consent, of course) between January and October 2014, 26% installed, then uninstalled the same app within 10 minutes. Another 6% did so during the next 50 minutes, meaning a total of 32% installed then uninstalled within an hour. And yet another 6% installed then uninstalled within the following 23 hours, for a total of 38% who ditched that new app within one day of installation.
For games specifically, Android device users hang on far longer to games they paid for, an average of 31 days, than they hang onto games they downloaded for free: an average of 15 days.
31 days - Average lifespan of a paid game app
15 days - Average life span of a free game app"
Source:  Kantar US Insights, 26th February 2015

No comments: