Tuesday 6 March 2012

Netflix members watched 2 billion hours of streaming video in Q4 2011

"Netflix Inc. said today its members instantly watched more than two billion hours of TV shows and movies streaming from Netflix in the fourth quarter of 2011.
With more than 20 million streaming members globally, Netflix has revolutionized entertainment by allowing people to enjoy TV shows and movies when, where and how they want with a click of a remote, mouse or the touch of a screen.
"We were thrilled to deliver more than two billion hours of TV shows and movies across 45 countries in the fourth quarter," said Netflix Co-Founder and CEO Reed Hastings. "Netflix delights members by giving them choice, convenience and control over the entertainment they love for an incredibly low price.""
Source:  Press release from Netflix, 4th January 2012

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is pretty impressive how much their customers are streaming. I personally have never enjoyed the content on their streaming service, so I switched services when they raised their prices. I am glad I went with the Blockbuster@home service through DISH because I know I am paying one low price for it. I pay only $10 a month for streaming, DVD’s, and so much more. A co-worker at DISH also told me that I could use the streaming service on my iPad. That is going to be awesome. This choice was a better route to go for me.